Clark County and Vancouver Divorce and Family Law Resources

Mediation Basildon

Mediation, as used in law, is a form of alternative dispute resolution resolving disputes between two or more parties with concrete effects. Typically, a third party, the mediator, assists the parties to negotiate a settlement. Disputants may mediate disputes in a variety of domains, such as commercial, legal, diplomatic, workplace, community, and family matters. Learn More for more information.

We encourage clients to conduct research to understand their legal issues.  Many excellent online resources are available.  These include:

Laycoe & Bogdon PC’s Divorce Handbook provides an overview of divorce in Washington, including division of property and debts, child support, parenting and related issues.

Northwest Justice Project (NJP) is a non-profit organization that offers free legal services to eligible low income individuals.  Call their Coordinated Legal Education, Advice and Referral (CLEAR) system at 1-888-201-1014 or find them on the web at

The Washington State Court website offers links to forms and instructions for divorce, domestic violence protection proceedings, anti-harassment proceedings, and other proceedings at

The Clark County Courts website provides information about the court, family court services, and the current weekly docket schedule, where parties can confirm the schedule for pending hearings at

The Clark County Bar Association, maintains a list of links on a variety of topics at

Victims of domestic violence are encouraged to contact their local police authority and to seek the assistance and support of the YWCA SafeChoice Domestic Violence Program

The Southwest Washington Lawyer Referral Service maintains a list of attorneys at law who are available to receive referrals.  Their telephone number is: (360) 695-0599.

The Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program is a non–profit organization that provides free legal assistance to low income Clark County residents in civil (non-criminal) areas of the law.  Their intake telephone number is: (360) 695-5313.

Washington Law Help is provided as a public service by the Northwest Justice Project in collaboration with other legal aid providers in the Alliance for Equal Justice and Washington courts.  Useful information can be found on their website at

Children’s Center is dedicated to serving the community by providing quality mental health services to children and families of Clark County.  Their website is:

Children’s Home Society of Southwest Washington offers professional counselors to help children and parents communicate effectively, manage stress, identify and address problems, and find solutions that strengthen the whole family.  Their website is: